Pay Utility Bills Online
Already have an online account?
Go straight to Online Payments. (link)
The City of Portland is making it more convenient for you to pay your utility bill—without any fees. We accept MasterCard and Visa credit/debit cards. Payments are received immediately.
The site provides a number of features:
- Customers can create an account that allows them to access more features, including:
- Automatic (recurring) online payments using your credit/debit card. With the auto pay feature, you never risk missing a payment. Many residents use a credit or debit card that gives them points for their purchases--including utility payments.
- View and pay multiple accounts at one time (business, multifamily accounts).
- View billing and payment history.
- View consumption history
- Customers can make a one-time online payment without setting up an account. You will need your account number and the amount of your last payment.
You’ll receive a confirmation email upon the successful set-up of your account. Start set-up. (link)
Please be aware that the City of Portland Utility Billing Service Provider has sent out emails stating that the current payment method, credit/debit card, is no longer valid and must be updated. This was done in error related to an internal software issue. This error did not result in any security breach or compromise of personal information. If you received one of the emails, please disregard this email. No action is required on your part. If you updated your payment method or attempted to do so via the link in the email it did not result in any security breach or compromise of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns please contact the City of Portland Utility Billing Department at (361) 777-4500. We apologize for any inconvenience.