Contractor Licenses & Registrations

The permitting process also helps verify that the contractors have the proper licenses or registrations required by city ordinance or state law. Many contractors such as plumbers, irrigators, electricians and air conditioning contractors must have a state license. Contractors must be registered with the City of Portland prior to any construction activities via the Contractor Registration Form (PDF).

Please print, fill out and submit the Contractor Registration Form (PDF) to Development Services via email or in-person.
Email Development Services at
Physical address: 601 Moore Ave. Portland, Texas 78374